The SRM Sentinel application is made up of the following components and pages.
When you’re added to the SRM Sentinel application, you’re added as a member of a team. Your Team consists of other users in your company that work together on the application. You share the same assets, alerts, and service events for the same set of assets and service locations in the system.
Your Team Name, Application Name, and Logo appear at the top of your screen.
When you’re added as a member to your team, you’re assigned a specific user role. Your role determines what you can do in the application.
- Editors: Can create and edit service events, manage alerts, and view reports.
- Admins: Can act as Editor as well as manage the team account, its members, depots or customers, integrations, and team preferences.
- Team Owners: The first person in and the last person out for a team. They have the same permissions as an Admin. Only the Team Owner can transfer their role to another user. There can be only one.
To see which role you’re assigned, click on your username at the top of the screen and it will display under the email address for your account.
The Home Dashboard is the first page you’ll see when logging into the application. It allows you to get a quick overview of your business status and team activity.
The Assets page allows you to see all the assets under your team’s control, the active alerts in the system, view information about each asset, and start coordinating events.
The following alert types are displayed by default:
- Scheduled Maintenance
- Active Recalls
- Expiring Warranties
- Recent Faults
The available alert data will depend on the existing monitoring possibilities and access to the source data.
It is possible to integrate other monitoring or alerting sources and have these available in the application. Examples: Oil Temperature, Tire Pressure, Dynamic Maintenance, and Air Filters. This type of alerting criteria can be configured in the team preferences by a team admin.
You can perform a quick search for assets by any of the main or secondary asset identifiers. You can filter the assets by accounts, customers or depots, and alert types. You can also use an extended set of Advanced Filters that allows you to filter by asset and service event details.
You can group the assets by Customer or Depot, and sort the alerts based on different Alert Type options.
Service Events Page
The Service Events page allows you to view and manage all the events you and your team members created in the system.
You can filter the events by Customer or Depots, Events you’re watching, and Event Status (Draft, In Progress, Completed, Canceled, and Archived). You can also use an extended set of Advanced Filters that allows you to filter by other service event details.
You can group the events by Customer or Depot and sort them based on Asset Number, Service Provider, Due Date/Time, and Created Date/Time.
To view an event, select its number from the Service Event column. To view the related service request or case, select its link from the related event column.
Depots & Customers Pages
Depending on the team configuration, you’ll be able to view the list of the Depots your team has access to or the Customers with which your team has a working relationship.
All Depots your team has access to will show up when logging into the application. Team admins can enable or disable them, as well as enable or disable specific assets within the depots.
To view Customer assets, a team admin first needs to request permission from the customers to have access to their depots and assets. For these to show in the application, the customer will first need to accept the request.
The Reports page offers a quick look into the breakdown of your alerts and events, who has the most of what, and the most common cancellation reasons.
Clicking the search icon to the left of your user name presents the Search page. The Search page allows you to search the system for a specific asset (by model, engine, VIN, serial, chassis ID, or unit #), customer or depot name, case number, or service event number.
After you find the asset you’re looking for, you can view basic information about the asset, see how many active alerts they currently have, and kick off a new service request, or access-related cases.
PENDING IMAGE: SEARCH PAGE with assets found
When viewing a service event, you have the option to “watch” that event. When you’re watching an event, you’ll receive in-app notifications for it when the status of the event changes, such as when it’s requested, completed, or canceled.
To start watching an event, select the Watch option in the top left corner of the event next to the event number. To stop watching it, select that same button again (it will say Stop Watching if you're already watching it).
PENDING IMAGE: Watch Button on Service Event
The notifications appear in your Notification Center in the top menu bar beside your username. Select the bell icon to open it.
The icon lets you know how many unread notifications you have.
- Select the MARK AS READ option on a single announcement to mark it as read.
- Select the MARK ALL AS READ option at the top to mark all unread notifications as read.
- Select the appointment number to view the appointment.
Email Notification Preferences can be configured per user. This page is accessible under your User Account by clicking your user name in the top right corner.
You can get email notifications for
- New Alerts: Receive an Email Update when an asset managed by your team has new alerts. Select to be notified of one, some, or all the available alert types.
- Watching Service Events: Receive an Email Update when an appointment you are watching changes status, the service request has a response, or the requested appointment/completion date is overdue. Select to be notified of one, some, or all the available service event notifications.
- Customers/Depots & Assets: Receive an Email Update when a customer’s/depot’s or asset’s state changes. Select to be notified of enabled or disabled customer/depot status changes and to be notified of enabled or disabled asset status changes.
For each of these types, you can select the notification frequency preference to be notified instantly, hourly, or daily.
Account settings and preferences configured per team. This page is accessible for Admin users only.