The SRM Sentinel application is made up of the following components and pages.
When you’re added to the SRM Sentinel application, you’re added as a member of a Managed Care Service Team.
Your Managed Care Service Team consists of other users in your Dealer Group that work together in the application. You share the same alerts, appointments, and reports for the same set of customers, assets, and service locations in the system.
Your Team Name, Application Name, and Logo appear at the top of your screen.
When you’re added as a member to your team, you’re assigned a specific user role. Your role determines what you can do in the application.
Most of you will be Editors, a select few will be Admins, and one person will be your Team Owner.
- Editors: Can create and edit appointments, manage alerts, and view reports.
- Admins: Can act as Editor as well as manage the team account, its members, customers, and team preferences.
- Team Owners: The first person in and the last person out for a team. They have the same permissions as an Admin. Only the Team Owner can transfer their role to another user. There can be only one.
To see which role you’re assigned, click on your username at the top of the screen, and it will display under the email address for your account.
The Alerts page brings together 4 different types of preventative maintenance alerts in one place. The alerting criteria can be configured in the team preferences by a team admin.
- Scheduled Maintenance
- Active Recalls
- Expiring Warranties
- Recent Faults
From here you can see the number of active alerts in the system, view information on each alert, learn more about its asset, and start drafting appointments for those alerts.
You can filter the alerts by Customer and Alert Type, group the alerts by Customer, and sort the alerts based on different Alert Type options.
See also: View Active Alerts
The Appointments page allows you to view and manage all the appointments you and your team members created in the system.
You can filter the appointments by Customer, Appointments you’re watching, and Appointment Status (Draft, Requested, Overdue, Completed, Canceled).
You can also group the appointments by Customer and sort them based on Asset Number, Service Provider, Appointment Date/Time, and Created Date/Time.
To view an appointment, select its Appointment Number from the Appointment column. To view the related case for an appointment, select its Case Number from the Case column.
See also: Request an Appointment
The Reports page offers a quick look into the breakdown of your alerts and appointments, who has the most of what, and the most common cancellation reasons.
The Search page allows you to search the system for a specific asset (by model, engine, VIN, serial, chassis ID, or unit #), customer name, case number, or appointment number. To go to the Search page, click the Search icon in the top-right near your username.
After you find the asset you’re looking for, you can view basic information about the asset, see how many active alerts they currently have, kick off a new appointment request, or access-related cases.
When viewing an appointment, you have the option to “watch” that appointment. When you’re watching an appointment, you’ll receive in-app notifications for it when the status of the appointment changes, such as when it’s requested, completed, canceled, or overdue.
To start watching an appointment, select the Start Watching option in the top left corner of the appointment next to the appointment number. To stop watching it, select that same button again (it will say Stop Watching if you're already watching it).
The notifications appear in your NotificationCenter in the top menu bar. Select the bell icon to open it.
The icon lets you know how many unread notifications you have.
- Select the MARK AS READ option on a single announcement to mark it as read.
- Select the MARK ALL AS READ option at the top to mark all unread notifications as read.
- Select the appointment number to view the appointment.
Notification Preferences can be configured per user. This page is accessible under your User Account.
You can get email notifications for:
- New Alerts: Receive an Email Update when an asset managed by your team has new alerts. Select to be notified of one or all the alert types.
- Appointment Status: Receive an Email Update when an appointment you are watching changes status. Select to be notified of one or all the appointment status.
- Customer & Assets: Receive an Email Update when a customer or their assets state changes. Select to be notified of one or all the customer status, and to be notified of enabled or disabled customer asset status changes.
For each of these types, select the notification frequency preference to be notified instantly, hourly or daily.