The Search page is where you can search for:
To access the Search page, open your location from the Portal, then click SEARCH in the top menu bar. A page with sections for searching customers, assets, or cases will display.
Search for Customers
Within the CUSTOMER section, you can search for customers by:
- Number (as it appears in the DBS)
- All of the above
To search for a customer:
- Select what you want to search by using the dropdown in the CUSTOMER section.
- Enter your search criteria. You can enter part of a word or multiple words.
- For example, entering “John” for name, could return “John Deere” and “Johnson Tires”. Entering “John Denver”, could return “Johnson Tires - Denver”
- Then click SEARCH.
Once the results are returned, the following information will be listed for the customer:
- Customer Number (if available)
- Company Name
To view details about a customer:
- Click the COMPANY NAME for the customer from the list.
This takes you to the Asset List page for the customer.
- From there, you can choose from one of four options in the left toolbar:
- Customer: View and edit the customer Information
- Contacts: View the contacts for the customer
- Assets: Return to the Asset List for the customer
- Cases: View the case history for the customer
For information on working with customers, see the section: Customers.
If you do not see the customer you're looking for, see also: Manage Customers.
NOTE: If your location is integrated with Procede DMS and you want to add a customer from Procede to this application, see also: Add Customers from Procede
Search for Assets
Within the ASSET section, users can search for assets by the following:
- Chassis ID
- Engine (engine serial number)
- All (search across all fields listed above)
In the asset search results, the following information will display, if applicable:
- Customer Name
- Serial Number
- Chassis ID
- Unit Number
- Model Info
- Active Cases (any cases currently open on the asset within the last 30 days)
- Actions (for accessing the Edit Asset screen and starting a new case)
To search for an asset, select one of the fields from the dropdown, then enter your search criteria, and click SEARCH.
NOTE: For SERIAL, enter the last 6 or last 8 digits of the VIN.
When the results display, the asset will either show up in the Dealer Assets or Fleet Owned Assets section.
- Dealer Assets are any local assets under the dealer‘s profile.
- Fleet assets have been associated before (i.e. been repaired at the user’s shop before).
If the asset shows up within the Fleet Owned Assets section, click the Add Fleet Asset link in the Actions column to associate the asset with your dealer location.
After associating the asset, it will move from the Fleet Owned assets section into the Dealer Assets section.
For more information, see also: Search for Assets
Refine Your Asset Search
After you search for an asset, a REFINE YOUR SEARCH section appears with the search results.
From here, you can refine your search by:
- Narrowing your results down to assets that exactly match your search criteria.
To do so, check Only look for results where <field> exactly matches <criteria>.
- Narrowing your results down to assets related to a specific customer.
To do this, enter the customer name into the text field for Only look for results where customer name matches.
After you check the checkbox and/or enter a customer name, click SEARCH. The search results will update based on how you refined the search.
For more information, see also: Refine Your Search
Search for Cases
Within the CASES section, you can search for cases by the following:
- Case ID
- Repair Order Number
- Tag number
- Purchase Order Number
To search for a case, select one of the fields above from the dropdown, then enter your search criteria, and click SEARCH.
If the search you entered exists in the application exactly as you entered, the related case will open to the Editing Case page directly.
If the number you entered partially matches cases in the system, a list of results will display.
If your search does not result in any cases for your location, a blue message bar will display.