The Case Information (VMRS) tab allows you to update cases with information related specifically to that case and service event.
To access the CASE INFO (VMRS) tab:
- From the Portal, select your location.
- Click Cases in the top menu bar.
- Select a case to view.
- On the Editing Case page, click the CASE INFO (VMRS) radio button.
There are four sections within the CASE INFO (VMRS) tab:
To enter Primary Contact and Driver information:
- From the Case Info (VMRS) tab, locate the CONTACTS section.
- To select an existing user as your Primary Contact, select a user from the Primary Contact dropdown.
- To create a new contact as your Primary Contact, click the Create New Contact link, then enter the following and click CREATE NEW CONTACT:
- First name
- Last name
- Email (to enable email notifications, select Enable notifications)
- Mobile (to enable mobile notifications, select Enable notifications)
- For the Driver, repeat steps 2-3 above to select a Driver or create a new contact for the Driver.
NOTE: If the Driver is the same as the Primary Contact, you can check Same as primary contact to auto-populate the Driver information.
- Click SAVE CHANGES.
If the trailer for the asset is loaded:
- Locate the RELATED ASSET section.
- In the Trailer Loaded dropdown, select YES.
- In the Trailer Load dropdown, select one of the following to describe the contents of the trailer:
If the asset does not have a trailer loaded, make sure the Trailer Loaded dropdown is set to NO.
To enter the location for the breakdown:
- Locate the LOCATION section.
- In the Location field, enter the address (i.e. full address, mile marker, exit number, etc.).
- To use your current location, enter “current location” in the Location.
See also: Enter Case Breakdown Information
To enter VMRS coding:
- Locate the VMRS CODING section.
- Select from the following codes from the related dropdown:
- Repair Priority: The type of repair (Scheduled, non-scheduled, etc.).
- Repair Site: Where the repair will take place.
- Reason for Repair: The reason why the fault occurred.
- NOTE: This Reason for Repair applies to the entire case. To set the Reason for Repair for a specific operation, see also: Add Operations and Parts to a Case
- Complaint (Operator Report): The initial complaint from the operator.
- Component Code: System Group, System, Assembly, and Component.
- Position: The relative position of the repair.
- Cause: The cause, per the technician.
- Correction: The work to be accomplished by the technician.
- Enter the Complaint Description, Cause Description and Correction Description, as applicable.
- When complete, click SAVE CHANGES.
Please sign in to leave a comment.