You can reassign a case from one person or department to another using the Workflow feature.
Using the Workflow feature to move a case around helps keep all departments involved and helps create accountability.
Each time you use the Workflow feature, it timestamps the reassignment with who reassigned it and who it was assigned to.
To reassign a case to other members of the team:
- On the toolbar of the Editing Case screen, click Workflow.
- Select the user to assign the case to from the ASSIGN TO dropdown.
- Enter a comment regarding the assignment change into the COMMENTS section. You can:
- Enter up to 2000 characters.
- Use line breaks and extra spaces to create lists and format as needed.
- Enter your comment, then click New to create a Saved Response from it.
- Select an option from the Saved Response drop-down and click Insert to use a Saved Response.
- Click Submit.
The case will be reassigned to the selected user. They'll receive an email (if they enabled email notifications) with the comment you entered and a link to the case. The reassignment and comment you entered will also appear in the PREVIOUS ASSIGNMENTS list and the PREVIOUS NOTES list.
NOTE: Once the case is assigned to another person/department, that case will disappear from your My Cases section of the Cases screen.
To learn more about using the Workflow feature, watch this video: