Users have long been able to edit unit numbers for local assets, but we’re excited to announce that you now can edit your own Provider Unit Number for Fleet Assets! This will help eliminate any frustrations that might arise when the unit number on an asset doesn’t match what’s in your business system.
What does this update look like?
Initially, the Fleet Unit Number will populate as expected anywhere the unit number is currently displayed, such as:
- Unit Number field on the Edit Asset page
- UNIT # column on the Cases page
- ASSET column on the Cases page
- ASSET INFO section of the Editing Case page
- UNIT # column on the Asset Listing page
- UNIT # column on the Search page
How do you add a Provider Unit Number for a Fleet Asset?
To add a Provider Unit Number for an asset, you can proceed like you normally would when editing a unit number on a local asset:
- From the View Asset page, select the asset you wish to edit.
- Enter a new value in the Unit Number field.
- Click SAVE.
- If applicable, both the Fleet and Provider Unit numbers will be listed in the UNIT # column after saving your entry!
NOTE: The asset search results displayed on the search page will display both the Fleet Unit Number and the newly added Provider Unit Number so that users can search by either one. It will also be displayed on the provider view of the Asset Listing page.
What happens now?
This update will have the following impacts:
- Estimate PDFs that are visible to Fleet Users will display the Provider Unit Number.
- Export to RO will use the Provider Unit Number if one exists; if not, then the current Fleet Unit Number will be used.
- Fleet Users will only see their unit number when searching for an asset unless no unit number was present, then that unit number will update to be visible to the fleet.
Contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.