You can use the Custom Search menu to create reusable searches based on the same set of fields and field values.
Once created, Custom Searches appear on your Custom Search menu for easy access.
You can use one of your Custom Searches in conjunction with a Custom View to create a unique Case View that can then be saved as a favorite for quick viewing later.
To create a Custom Search:
- From the Custom Search menu, click the target icon for Add Custom Search.You'll see one line for selecting a field, operator, and value. Each line represents a different search criteria. You must enter at least one search criteria.
- As a best practice, begin by entering a date range as your first search criteria.
- From the Select Field dropdown, select to search by cases by either Created or Last Updated date.
- From the operator dropdown, select the operator you want to use.
- From the value dropdown, use the calendar to select a date, then use the time sliders to select a time. If the time doesn't matter, select Any time of day.
- To add an additional search criteria, click Add Line.
- From the Select Field dropdown scroll through the list of available fields or begin typing in the field you're looking for, and select it from the list.
- From the operator dropdown, select the appropriate operator. The operators that display depend on the field you selected.NOTE: Avoid using
does not equal, as they are wildcard searches that increase load times AND may cause notifications to take longer to get to you.
- In the third field, either use the calendar dropdown if you selected a date range field or type in a value to base your search criteria on.
- Repeat steps 3-7 until you've added all the search criteria you need.
- By default the Search Logic uses the boolean operator of AND for all the search criteria you entered. This means a case must match all criteria to display in your results.If necessary, modify the Search Logic at the bottom with parentheses and the OR operator.See below: Search Logic
- Once your search criteria and logic are complete, enter a name for your Custom Search in the Custom Search Name text field.Only the first 20 characters will be visible from the Custom Search menu. Any more than that, you'll need to hover over the name to see the rest of the name.
- Finally, click Save.
Any cases that meet the criteria defined by your custom search will display.
To remove a line of search criteria, click the x at the far right of the line.
To redo the first line of search criteria, click the brush icon at the far right of the first line.
At the bottom of the Custom Search screen, you will see a section called Search Logic. This section allows you to quickly group your lines of search criteria or change the AND operators used by default to OR operators.
To change the Search Logic, manually modify the logic that appears.
- The numbers used in the Search Login correspond to the number next to each line of search criteria.
- Make sure to include each numbered row of search criteria along with either the AND operator in between each row to indicate that you want to include all of the criteria in the listed rows (i.e. this row AND that row) or the OR operator to display cases that match either one field OR another.
- You can group parts of the Search Logic by including parentheses around two or more numbers (i.e. this row AND this row OR another row: 1 AND (2 OR 3)).
NOTE: When changing Search Logic, remember to close any parentheses. A green check or red x will display to the right of the Search Logic notifying the user if the changes that were made are acceptable.