The Estimate PDF Enhancements project empowers our Service Providers to configure the estimate they want to share with their customers, setting as default the data that is most relevant to each type of customer (Fleet or Non-Fleet) and allowing Service Advisors to override these options on each estimate they are building.
The purpose of this document is to guide you into how to configure and use each of the new abilities brought by this enhancement.
How to Configure the Default Estimate PDF for Fleet and Non-Fleet Customers
Service Admins now have the ability to configure the default data that is going to be displayed on the Estimate PDF; in order to do it, follow the steps below.
- Log into your Service Provider Location.
- Go to Admin > Customize your Database > Estimate PDF Configuration.
On this page, you will be able to configure for Fleet or Non-Fleet Customers.
- Enable or disable the fields your Service Location needs to share with each customer. You can toggle the options below.
- Labor Time
- Labor Charges
- Part Numbers
- Parts Prices
- Case Notes
- VMRS Codes
- Additional Charges
Once completed, click Save changes.
Override Default on a Case
As mentioned in the previous section, Service Providers have the ability to set the default data selection to be shared on the Estimate PDF, but we have also added a way for you to override those selections at the case level. In order to do this, they have to perform the steps below.
Note: Override does not change the default selected for the type of customer; it only affects the Estimate for the Case you are currently changing.
- Create an estimate.
- Click on any of the following buttons:
a. Quick Actions Button: Print/PDF Actions.
b. Quickstop Banner: Printer Icon.
c. Print Case & Estimate Section: Print/PDF Actions.
3. This action will open the following modal:
4. Enable and disable the fields your customer needs to be displayed or hidden accordingly
5. Click on Preview to open the PDF and make sure that the information is there
6. Click on Save
7. If you would like to set the options as default, click on Restore Defaults
This will enable the options based on what is configured on the Locations Admin
Note: If you do not not save the changes, the PDF will remain with the active fields that it had before.
Request for Approval
It is always good to check the work before sharing it with your customer, so we have added the ability to review which active fields will be shared through the Estimate PDF when requesting approval for an estimate. To do it:
1. Build your Estimate.
2. Click on Request Approval.
3. Add the contact information that will receive the Estimate,
4. Review the active fields that will be shared with the Estimate. Toggle to enable or disable any field.
5. Click on Preview to open the estimate.
6. If the estimate is ready, it will be sent for the customer to approve.
New Estimate Layout
Our new estimate template was built thinking of your final customer. Some of the most important changes are:
- New Estimate Header.
- New Estimate Footer.
- Differentiated Headers and Footers for secondary pages.
- Parts in List format.
- Inclusion of VMRS Codes for Operations.
Please sign in to leave a comment.