Users can create new customer profiles manually if a desired customer is not already created.
Create a Customer
To create a new customer:
- Open your location from the Portal.
- From the menu bar, click Search.
- Under Customer, use the dropdown menu to select whether to search by customer:
- All (all fields listed above)
- Enter your search criteria (name, number, etc) into the text field and click SEARCH.
- Enter at least three characters for best results.
- If no customer record is found that matches your customer, click NEW CUSTOMER.
- On the New Customer page, enter information for the following required fields:
- Company Name
- Customer # (as it appears in your business system).
- Where possible, enter the Address, City, State, Postal Code, Country, Email Address, Phone, Extension, and a fax number (if applicable) for the customer.
- Click CREATE at the bottom of the page to create the new customer record.
Connect a Customer to Your Dealer Management System
Both local and fleet customers can connect to your dealer management system via their customer number if your location is integrated with the dealer management system.
To integrate them, you need to add the customer number into this system as it appears in your dealer management system.
Only users with Service Manager permissions or above are able to update customer numbers for local profiles. If you do not have access, contact your admin to update local customer numbers.
To integrate a fleet customer account with your dealer management system:
- On the Search screen, select NAME from the dropdown menu and enter the name in the search field.
- Click SEARCH.
- Locate the customer in the list, and click the Company Name.
- On the Asset List page, on the left side CUSTOMER LINKS menu, click Customer.
- Enter the customer number in the Customer # field. NOTE: If the fleet customer number is currently inaccurate and needs to be changed (i.e. the field is not blank) please have your service manager make this change.
- Click SAVE CHANGES.
- The fleet customer will now be integrated with your business system.