From the Alert Details section of the Alerts page, you can create an appointment.
Before creating a new appointment, consider checking out the Appointments & Cases tab to see if there is a draft appointment in progress. Consider adding new alerts to the existing draft instead of creating a new appointment to save downtime.
See also: View Alert Details
To start drafting your Appointment Request:
1. Click CREATE APPOINTMENT.
By default, the request will include all Unresolved Alerts you see listed. You'll be able to defer any of the alerts if you need to while editing the Appointment Request.
A new Appointment Request starts as a Draft Appointment. The Asset, Customer, and Alert information is auto-populated based on the original alert you selected.
2. From the Asset Location section, enter the city and state or zip code for Asset Location. If the location is the same as the Customer Address, select the Same as Customer Address box to populate the address.
Once you enter the location, the map displays any service providers near the address you entered as well as lists them below the map.
Use the map controls, Proximity filter, and Network filter to find the provider you want.
Click SELECT next to a provider to choose them for this appointment.
NOTE: All changes are automatically saved. A notification appears each time the system saves.
3. Enter your time requests in the Date section.
You have the option to enter:
- Appointment Date and Time
- Completion Date and Time
- First Available - to take the first available appointment the service provider can offer.
Make sure you select your Time Zone.
4. Review the services added to the appointment in the Service Request section.
Any Unresolved Alerts related to the asset are selected by default on the Selected tab and will be included in the appointment request.
To defer service on an alert, click the DEFER button for it. The alert will move to the Deferred tab and won't be included in the request.
To add additional services, click +ADD ANOTHER SERVICE and enter your request.
5. Review the person listed in the Contacts section.
This person will be notified of updates on the asset.
If no one appears in the Contacts section, click ADD PRIMARY CONTACT to add a contact person for the asset. You can select an existing contact or create an ad-hoc contact for the specific appointment.
6. When you're ready to send the appointment request to the Service Provider, click SUBMIT REQUEST.
A case will be created for the selected Service Provider in their Case application.
It will include the appointment request and it can be completed as usual by the provider for the customer. A link to the case will be added to this appointment.
Any alerts related to it will be removed from the Alerts page.
If you need to cancel an appointment, use the CANCEL button and select a Cancellation Reason.