The Alerts page offers you quick access to your active alerts.
It’s the application's start page by default, but you can access it at any time by selecting the Alerts option from the left menu bar.
The Alerts page lists all the assets your team manages that have active alerts. The information for the alerts comes from the Case application linked to your team.
The controls at the top of the page let you filter, group, and sort your alerts.
Get to Know Alert Types
Alerts are listed by most recent by default. There are four types of alerts, some with subcategories of their own.
- Overdue: The need for scheduled maintenance has passed.
- Due: The need for scheduled maintenance is coming soon.
- Safety recalls currently issued for the asset.
- Warranties that will expire within the next 30, 60, or 90 days.
- Registered in the last 24 hours, 48 hours, 72 hours, 4 days, or 5 days
- Severe: Severity of the fault detected as severe.
- Attention: Faults for the asset that require attention.
- Moderate: Faults for the assets detected as moderate.
- Unknown: Severity of the fault is unknown.
The different colors will help you identify which alerts need immediate attention:
NOTE: Your Team Owner may configure the application so that only specific subcategories of the Alert Types listed above display in the application for your team. If you feel you are missing alerts, contact your Team Owner.
Filter Alerts by Customer
By default, all active alerts for every customer and asset in the system display on your Alerts page. The Customer filter allows you to filter the assets with alerts by those related to one or more specific customers.
To filter your alerts by Customer:
- Click the Customer filter dropdown to open the Customer filter.
- Select the Custom option to display the Customer Name search field.
- Click the Customer Name searchfield to view a list of all the Customers in the system.
- From here, you can scroll and select a Customer from the list, or begin typing the Customer Name in the search field and select it from the search results.
When you select a Customer, it will be added to a list in your filter.
- Continue selecting customers from the list until you’ve selected all the customers in which you want to view their alerts.
NOTE: You can remove a customer from your list by clicking the X next to their name.
- When you’re ready to see your alerts, click APPLY.
NOTE: You can click CANCEL at any time to disregard the customer filters you selected.
The Alerts list will update to show only those alerts for the customers you selected.
Filter Alerts by Type
By default, all active alerts for every alert type display on your Alerts page. The number of alerts for each type display in the Alert Type boxes.
To filter your alerts by Alert Type, select the Alert Types you want to see, so their boxes appear in blue. You can select one or more Alert Types at a time.
To remove an Alert Type from the filter, select it again, so the blue color no longer appears.
The Alert list will display all Alert Type when no boxes are selected or all boxes are selected.
Group Alerts by Customer
By default, active alerts are listed by the most recent. You can group the alerts alphabetically by Customer by selecting the Customer option from the Group by option.
Sort Alerts by Alert Date/Severity
By default, active alerts are listed by the most recent. You can sort the alerts based on the different subcategories for each Alert Type using the Sort Alerts by option.
You can only sort the alerts by one option at a time. Consider using the other filter and group options already mentioned in addition to this sort option to find the alerts you need.