When a service provider submits an estimate, a case is created for your service request. The case is considered “waiting approval” because the service provider is waiting for you to respond to the estimate and approve it before they can begin work.
Some estimates allow you to approve or decline different line items in the estimate, while others require you to approve or decline the estimate total.
In the new look, you can quickly locate and respond to an estimate total using the Waiting Approval favorite. If you need to respond to estimate line items, return to Service Requests page in the classic look.
To respond to an estimate total:
- Under the Approvals section of the favorites list, select Waiting Approval.
This favorite lists all cases with a PENDING estimate.
- Select a case number from the list to respond to it.
- If needed, you can use the search option in the menu bar to search for a case by the asset’s VIN or unit number. See also: Search options
- On the case detail page, look for the Estimate/Invoice widget.
- If you see a View Estimate link, select it to open a PDF of the estimate.
- Review the Estimate Total on the widget.
- Select the dropdown next to the total and select either Approve or Decline.
- Enter a note regarding your response, then submit your response by clicking Accept or Decline in the bottom-right corner.
The service provider will receive your response. If you approved the estimate, the case moves to the next step in the workflow.
If you declined it, the service provider may respond to it, or you can create a new service request for a different service provider.