There are a couple of scenarios that need to happen for a case to be created:
- A service provider accepts your service request
- A service provider creates a case manually when an asset arrives
Regardless of how they’re created, you can follow your open cases as they move through the case workflow by opening their case detail page.
This means you can see when an asset arrives at the service provider, how long an asset’s been down, or how long until until the ETR as well as a lot of other information related to the case.
The specific updates you can track for a case include:
- Case Status - whether the case is open or closed
- Repair Status - where the asset is in the service event timeline (en route, estimating, etc)
- Estimate - whether the estimate is pending, approved, or declined and the submitted total price of the estimate.
- ETR - (Estimated Time of Repair) the time and date the service provider thinks they will finish the repair based on work listed in the estimate
- Downtime - how long the case has been open, starting with when the case was created and ending when the service provider closes or completes the case
- Follow-Up - how long until the asset is due for a follow-up or how long since the follow-up date has passed
You can track the updates for each case by viewing the case on a favorite or opening the case detail page for the case.
You can use the search option in the menu bar to search for a case by asset. Click the search icon, select Unit Number or VIN from the dropdown, enter your search, and hit Enter.
Look for the case assigned to your asset in the search results. The Status column shows you the overall case status and the remaining columns show you their related status.
From here, select the case number to open the case detail page for more information.
The different favorites for cases allow you to search by different status messages. The favorites appear under the Cases and Approvals sections of the favorites list on the left.
The available favorites include:
- All Repair Cases - includes all open cases you have permission to view
- Downtime > 2 Days - includes all cases where the downtime for the asset is more than two days
- Past Due Follow-Up - includes all cases where the follow-up date has passed
- Past Due ETR - includes all cases where the ETR has passed
- Uptime Cases - includes all cases received from the Uptime Center
- Waiting Approval - includes all cases with an estimate waiting for approval from the fleet
Select a favorite to open it in the workspace.
From here, select a case number to open the case detail page for more information related to the case.
Case detail page
When you select a case number from a list view, card view, or asset detail page, the case detail page for the case opens.
The case detail page may include the following widgets and information when available:
- Case Status
- Case Status - whether the case is open or closed
- Repair Status - where the asset is in the service event (en route, estimating, etc)
- ETR - how long until the ETR or how long since the ETR passed
- Downtime - how long the asset has been out of service
- Unit # - unit number assigned to the asset
- Year - production year of the asset
- Make - manufacturer of the asset
- Model - brand of the asset
- Engine - type of engine in the asset
- Odometer - most recent odometer reading of the asset
- PM Status - preventative maintenance status of the asset (current, due, overdue)
- Warranty - warranty status of the asset (no coverage, partially covered, fully covered, expired)
- Campaigns - campaign status of the asset (current, campaign due)
- The complaint code and description entered by the fleet manager about the asset when creating the service request
- Any notes added by users with access to the case
- Service Provider
- Name - company name of the service provider
- Address - company address of the service provider
- Phone - company phone number of the service provider
- Hours - business hours of the service provider
- Timezone - timezone of the service provider
- Open Status - whether or not the service provider is currently open based on the business hours
- Service Request
- Reason for repair - the code entered by a service provider for the reason an asset requires service
- Asset Location - current location of the asset
- Distance to Service Provider - number of miles and amount of time until the asset will reach the service provider location
- Any diagnostic information sent from an external source, such as vehicle telematics or ECU diagnostics, if the vehicle is enabled with telematics
- Estimate Status - whether the fleet approved or declined the estimate or have not responded yet
- Amount - the estimated price submitted by the service provider for the case
- ETR - the ETR for the work required for the case
- Repair Order - the repair order number provided by the service provider
- Purchase Order - the purchase order number provided by the service provider for any parts purchased
- Invoice - the amount due for the work completed on the case
- Estimates - any files uploaded as part of the estimate
- Comments - any comments added to the estimate by the service provider
For information on responding to an estimate, see Respond to an estimate