There are three main parts of the app:
- Workspace - where you do most of your work
- Favorites - where you access different views of your work
- Menu Bar - where you find quick actions, search options, and account information
The workspace covers most of the screen. It’s where you view information related to cases, assets, and service requests. You can review status updates, complete tasks, and do most of your work here.
The workspace has two main layouts:
- Favorite pages - (shown above) Displays a list of data or set of cards with information on multiple objects for easy scanning
- Detail pages - displays all the information about a single object with widgets to organize the data and action buttons to complete tasks
Detail page layout
See also: Widgets
When you select a favorite on the left, all the data that matches the criteria for that favorite displays in either a list view or card view in the workspace.
From there, you can select an object to open its detail page.
On detail pages, the header identifies the object, the toolbar has a set of actions, and the widgets display different aspects of the object, such as Case Status and Asset Location.
There’s a Jump To dropdown on the right so you can select a widget and scroll to it.
Breadcrumbs display at the top of the workspace so you can click back as you work through the system.
You can access help at any time by clicking the Help button in the bottom-right corner of the workspace.
A favorite is a saved view of your data, each with its own criteria and focus. For example, one favorite may show assets with overdue maintenance while another shows cases that are past ETR.
Favorites appear on the left side of the screen and are grouped by object. Select an object and then select a favorite to open it in the workspace.
Each favorite serves a different purpose. Look for ones that work for you.
See also: Favorites
The menu bar appears at the top of screen. On the right, you should see your picture, name, and company.
From here you can log out by clicking your name and selecting Log Out.
The + button gives you a list of quick actions to start, such as creating a service request.
The search button lets you search for assets and their cases by Unit Number or VIN.