You can create service requests for an asset using the Create Service Request wizard.
Once created, the request is sent to the service provider for review. If the service provider accepts it, the request becomes a case and their work can begin.
After you create a service request, you can track its status as the service provider reviews it and then track the case when it’s accepted.
You must have access to an asset to create a service request for it.
If at any time you want to cancel the request while you’re creating it, click the x button at the top of the wizard.
To create a service request:
- Open the Create Service Request wizard by clicking the + button in the menu bar and selecting Create New Service Request.
- When it asks for the asset, begin typing the asset’s unit number into the Asset field, and select it from the list when it appears.
The list will start filtering after you enter at least three characters. You may need to enter more to refine your search. You can also scroll through the asset list.
- When it asks for the complaint, begin typing the complaint code into the Code field, and select it from the list when it appears.
If you don’t know the code, you can leave it blank and just enter a description, It’s recommended, however, to enter both to help your service provider better understand your request and help create more accurate reports on your fleet maintenance and repair costs.
- In the Description field, enter any information you can about the reason you are creating the service request.
This could be issues you notice, maintenance information, etc.
- Click Continue or hit Enter.
- When it asks for a service provider, look at the map on the left and the list of service providers on the right. If the asset’s location is already entered, you should see your asset and any nearby providers on the map and in the list.
- If there are no service providers on the screen, enter the location of your asset.
This can be as specific as a zip code (97702) or as broad as a city and state (Bend, Oregon).
- Review the map and the list of service providers to decide on one for your service request.
The pins on the map match with the providers in the list with the number 1 provider at the top of the list.
You can drag the map around or zoom in and out just as you would for a Google Map™. You can also scroll up and down the list if there are more than a couple.
- To expand or narrow your search, enter a different location for the Asset Location and hit Enter.
- When you find the service provider you want, click SELECT next to their name.
- Review the details of your service request, and click SUBMIT REQUEST.
The service provider will then receive the service request, review it, and submit a response.
You can review your service requests using the Open Service Requests favorite.
See also: Track your service requests